This section aims to educate you about the world of debt capital markets. It will provide background information on, and explain the key concepts within, debt capital markets.
This free resource, based on the knowledge I built up over 12 years as a successful debt capital markets professional, will help you outperform other candidates in the competitive investment banking jobs market.
But Why Do I Want To Learn About Debt Capital Markets?
Debt Capital Markets is an attractive industry to work in. It is well paid, challenging and enjoyable.
To break into the industry, you will face a lot of competition from well-qualified, intelligent candidates.
Spending time reading these posts (and asking questions using the handily-provides comments section) will benefit you by:
- deepening your knowledge of the industry, making you more confident and concise during the application process (no one likes a bullsh*tter);
- enabling you to differentiate yourself from less well-versed candidates; and
- helping you to make informed decisions regarding your target roles within DCM
Ultimately it may help you to enter an industry that pays $100,000+ in the first year alone (and multiples thereafter).
Surely that has to be worth you spending some time reading the information that I have provided at absolutely zero cost!
So Who Is This Section For?
This section is for you if:
- you are an undergraduate considering a summer internship;
- a final year student or recent graduate applying for a bank analyst program (or graduate scheme); or
- you are in another industry but would like to move into investment banking
(This section might also be helpful to professionals within the industry who (shush, whisper it) would quite like to brush up on their knowledge…)
The Full List Of Posts In This Section:
Debt Capital Markets 101: Introduction
Debt Capital Markets 101: What ‘is’ Debt Capital Markets?
Debt Capital Markets 101: How do the bond markets work?
Debt Capital Markets 101: DCM department structure and the role of the originator
Debt Capital Markets 101: What does DCM syndicate do?
Debt Capital Markets 101: What do DCM structuring, specialist and legal teams do?
3 thoughts on “Beginner’s Guide to Debt Capital Markets”